Negative Feedback

• janie9365

9 messages

Thailand

I sent item 494314130 by registered mail,The buyer received it ,but after he lodged claim to paypal , i refund his payment, I find unjustified the negative feedback.
  • mainlypostcards

3539 messages

United Kingdom

I sent item 494314130 by registered mail,The buyer received it ,but after he lodged claim to paypal , i refund his payment, I find unjustified the negative feedback.
    • Created on 9 Oct 2018 at 05:11
    If you sent by registered mail, you should be able to prove it has been received and therefore you would be covered by Paypal buyer protection, so why refund?
  • janie9365

9 messages

Thailand

If you sent by registered mail, you should be able to prove it has been received and therefore you would be covered by Paypal buyer protection, so why refund?
    • Created on 9 Oct 2018 at 15:46
    Paypal protect the buyers ,not the sellers.
  • mainlypostcards

3539 messages

United Kingdom

Paypal protect the buyers ,not the sellers.
    • Created on 11 Oct 2018 at 02:38
    Meant to say Paypal seller protection.
  • janie9365

9 messages

Thailand

I did.But Paypal defends always the buyer.In my opinion Paypal has to not be accepted on delcampe site
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

I did.But Paypal defends always the buyer.In my opinion Paypal has to not be accepted on delcampe site
    • Created on 14 Oct 2018 at 04:25
    This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • wycombe1

1856 messages

United Kingdom

Paypal does not always take the side of the buyer.

Firstly did you actually contact Paypal and send them the Registration number? If you did Paypal has to be able to see it online with the proof of receipt. If it is online you should give them the link as they will not search for it themselves.

Also you do not say what the nature of the dispute is. If it was for an item not as described the buyer has to provide proof he returned the original item'

I am not a fan of Paypal but they are often vilified when the problem is due to the seller not following Paypal's procedures and policies and not actually taking any action when a problem occurs.

Similar with those that always blame postal authorities for problems without actually taking any action.
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

Paypal does not always take the side of the buyer.

Firstly did you actually contact Paypal and send them the Registration number? If you did Paypal has to be able to see it online with the proof of receipt. If it is online you should give them the link as they will not search for it themselves.

Also you do not say what the nature of the dispute is. If it was for an item not as described the buyer has to provide proof he returned the original item'

I am not a fan of Paypal but they are often vilified when the problem is due to the seller not following Paypal's procedures and policies and not actually taking any action when a problem occurs.

Similar with those that always blame postal authorities for problems without actually taking any action.
    • Created on 13 Dec 2018 at 06:26
    Yes I agree 100%. Paypal offers protection to the seller if the seller can prove the package was received AND the package was sent to the buyer's paypal registered address.

Should the buyer claim be for "not as described" etc...that is a different matter.

The original question was about unfair negative feedback. The seller should enter a dispute for unfair feedback and request mediation if he wants it removed.

Join the collectors community

Register Login