Fairy tales!!!

• wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

"Item left uk but not come to Estonia. Where is it. I wait one week and wait the refund. I dont adopt fairy stories about coronavirus. I need just result".

Just received this message about a tracked order to Estonia. According to this buyer he does not believe in disruptions caused by the pandemic occurring. He also kept me waiting for his payment for about five weeks as well!!

Fortunately, so far, he is not typical but I am getting increasingly larger numbers of messages like this. Do these people live with their heads in the sand.

Anyway I have told him I will only refund him if the items are returned to me or they are confirmed as lost and he has gone on my blocked bidder list.
  • wycombe1

1853 messages

United Kingdom

Just received this from my buyer:-

"Coronavirus is really fairy tales because in Belarus and Turkmenistan it is cancelled by law and nobody dies. It is really economic virus to destroy economy and relationships."

How can you argue against someone who has their head in the sand??

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
  • baltija

747 messages

Sweden

"Coronavirus is really fairy tales because in Belarus and Turkmenistan it is cancelled by law and nobody dies".

As if it is possible to prohibit a virus and illness by law.
  • baltija

747 messages

Sweden

It is fear speaking and we have just seen the beginning of it.
  • mainlypostcards

3539 messages

United Kingdom

Just received this from my buyer:-

"Coronavirus is really fairy tales because in Belarus and Turkmenistan it is cancelled by law and nobody dies. It is really economic virus to destroy economy and relationships."

How can you argue against someone who has their head in the sand??

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
    • Created on 4 Apr 2020 at 04:38
    Wycombe,

I have changed my settings to only post to the UK for the duration of this disruption.

Even that is not going too well!

Someone just contacted me to ask when I posted an item (was posted on the 30th), because they hadn't received it.

Last week Wednesday I posted something first class to my son in Loughborough; it still hasn't arrived.
  • tris_nerima

404 messages

Canada

The world has changed.If buyers expect normal delivery times they are on cheap drugs.I just received an order to Italy.Before I invoiced,I checked with Canada Post re status of mail to Italy and suggested to the buyer there is a chance of delays.Another parcel to New Caledonia has come back as non deliverable.Check with your postal system regarding destinations before mailing.
  • emmbersplace

908 messages

Philippines

The world has changed.If buyers expect normal delivery times they are on cheap drugs.I just received an order to Italy.Before I invoiced,I checked with Canada Post re status of mail to Italy and suggested to the buyer there is a chance of delays.Another parcel to New Caledonia has come back as non deliverable.Check with your postal system regarding destinations before mailing.
    • Created on 4 Apr 2020 at 18:44
    Most importantly....I hope that everyone is well !

Out here in Philippines, there has been no national or international mail since March 17 and latest sch dule for resumption is May 17.. Consequently, I have many packages awaiting posting and those posted late Feb/March have not arrived anywhere!

Thus far, buyers on this sute and others that I sell on have all be A1 about the delays as most countries are still in lockdown themselves and buyers cannot collect registered mail anyway..

Wouldn't it be great to be able to pass a law banning covid-19..---.and cancer,. heart disease, dementia, strokes, ebola etc while they are at it. Maybe the buyer from Estonia coukl export his godlike fairy tales and make a fortune. :psy:

Keep happy and well everyone :
  • paperfan78
    Closed account

66 messages

Germany

Hello,

as i remember, someone posted something very similar to this some weeks ago in this community.
    Text written from this person was almost totally same words. Same problem with customer.
    That makes me curious...
    Strange incident ...

Kind regards
  • paperfan78
    Closed account

66 messages

Germany

ok, thinking it over again - my mistake - read wrong date :crazy: :fight3: :censored:
  • lindahavlik
    Closed account

2 messages

United States

Is the mail to the USA getting thru anyone?

I would think a normal envelope would make the trip OK from France?

Maybe they are not open at the post office in France?

Hope everyone remains safe....

Thank you for any helpful
    replys.....
  • baltija

747 messages

Sweden

Is the mail to the USA getting thru anyone?

I would think a normal envelope would make the trip OK from France?

Maybe they are not open at the post office in France?

Hope everyone remains safe....

Thank you for any helpful
    replys.....
    • Created on 22 May 2020 at 14:11
    The mail is getting through to the US, but under very different circumstances than just a couple of months ago.
    First of all, almost no mail processed by European postal services is going by airmail, maybe except for mail from Germany. The German postal service operates worldwide under the brand DHL and have their own airplanes.

Mail within Europe is very slow since it is only moved via surface routes, which means by truck and ship. A letter from Sweden to Germany, that previously took 2-3 days to arrive, now takes about 7-11 days depending on where in Germany. A letter from Sweden to France takes no less than 14 days. It used to take only 2-3 days.

At the end of April I mailed a priority (airmail) trackable shipment to Pennsylvania in the US and it took exactly 21 days to arrive. Previously it would have taken only 7 days. Tracking history has it that the shipment left Sweden on day 2, arrived at ISC CHICAGO on day 18 and was delived in PA on day 21.
  • lindahavlik
    Closed account

2 messages

United States

The mail is getting through to the US, but under very different circumstances than just a couple of months ago.
    First of all, almost no mail processed by European postal services is going by airmail, maybe except for mail from Germany. The German postal service operates worldwide under the brand DHL and have their own airplanes.

Mail within Europe is very slow since it is only moved via surface routes, which means by truck and ship. A letter from Sweden to Germany, that previously took 2-3 days to arrive, now takes about 7-11 days depending on where in Germany. A letter from Sweden to France takes no less than 14 days. It used to take only 2-3 days.

At the end of April I mailed a priority (airmail) trackable shipment to Pennsylvania in the US and it took exactly 21 days to arrive. Previously it would have taken only 7 days. Tracking history has it that the shipment left Sweden on day 2, arrived at ISC CHICAGO on day 18 and was delived in PA on day 21.
    • Created on 22 May 2020 at 15:55
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AS IT WILL HELP CALM ALOT OF PEOPLE WAITING AND WORRYING....A GREAT WEALTH OF INFORMATION AND I AM GRATEFUL....
    KIND THANKS TO YOU!
    STAY SAFE

Join the collectors community

Register Login