Old coins from Goa (Portugese India)

• postkaartenherman

15 messages

Belgium

Hello,

During our last holidays in India, I bought some old coins in Goa (Portugese India).

As I don't know much about them, I would like your opinion (value, rareness...possibly somebody who might be interested in them....) about these coins.

Here's the list:

* East-India company Half Anna dated 1834
    * East-India company Half Anna dated 1840
    * Two (different) coins, as large as, and from the same colour (brown copper) as te previous Half Anna's, but with different Hindou Gods on both sides, without text or numeration.
    * One quarter Anna with English weaponshield and two standing lions, dated 1835
    * One quarter Anna "Victoria Empress" dated 1893
    * one old Portuguese-Indian coin "Estado da India" "Republica Portuguesa: 1 Tanga" from 1947
    * one (smaller then the one above) old Portuguese-Indian coin "Estado da India" "Republica Portuguesa: 1 Tanga" from 1950
    and the two smallest coins:
    * 1/12 Anna "Victoria Empress" dated 1862
    * 1/12 Anna with English weaponshield and two standing lions, dated probably 1833 (difficult to read)

See scan attached.

Could anybody give me more information about these coins, and their value?

Waiting for your reaction,

Cordially,

Herman

• Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

United Kingdom

Hello,

During our last holidays in India, I bought some old coins in Goa (Portugese India).

As I don't know much about them, I would like your opinion (value, rareness...possibly somebody who might be interested in them....) about these coins.

Here's the list:

* East-India company Half Anna dated 1834
    * East-India company Half Anna dated 1840
    * Two (different) coins, as large as, and from the same colour (brown copper) as te previous Half Anna's, but with different Hindou Gods on both sides, without text or numeration.
    * One quarter Anna with English weaponshield and two standing lions, dated 1835
    * One quarter Anna "Victoria Empress" dated 1893
    * one old Portuguese-Indian coin "Estado da India" "Republica Portuguesa: 1 Tanga" from 1947
    * one (smaller then the one above) old Portuguese-Indian coin "Estado da India" "Republica Portuguesa: 1 Tanga" from 1950
    and the two smallest coins:
    * 1/12 Anna "Victoria Empress" dated 1862
    * 1/12 Anna with English weaponshield and two standing lions, dated probably 1833 (difficult to read)

See scan attached.

Could anybody give me more information about these coins, and their value?

Waiting for your reaction,

Cordially,

Herman

• Created on 4 Feb 2005 at 10:10
    This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
  • postkaartenherman

15 messages

Belgium

This information is no longer available because the user’s account has been deleted (GDPR)
    • Created on 15 Jul 2005 at 08:12
    Hallo Suraj,

Thanks for your reply on my question on these old coins from Goa.

As English-speaking coin collectors seem to be a minority on this site, I didn't receive much reaction on this forum. Therefore, I put the same question on the French speaking Forum on this site, and there I got a few people who allready gave some answers.
    The first thing they asked - like you - was a good clear scan of the coins. So I did, and put them there: please go and see:
    Forum, Monnaies et billets, pag 3, Renseignement sur des vieilles monnaies de Goa (Inde), and you will find all scans.

I would appreciate your opinion in this matter, as you are from India, and coin collector, so you should know more about them....

Looking forward to your reply,

Herman (Leuven, Belgium)
  • postkaartenherman

15 messages

Belgium

Hallo Suraj,

Thanks for your reply on my question on these old coins from Goa.

As English-speaking coin collectors seem to be a minority on this site, I didn't receive much reaction on this forum. Therefore, I put the same question on the French speaking Forum on this site, and there I got a few people who allready gave some answers.
    The first thing they asked - like you - was a good clear scan of the coins. So I did, and put them there: please go and see:
    Forum, Monnaies et billets, pag 3, Renseignement sur des vieilles monnaies de Goa (Inde), and you will find all scans.

I would appreciate your opinion in this matter, as you are from India, and coin collector, so you should know more about them....

Looking forward to your reply,

Herman (Leuven, Belgium)
    • Created on 16 Jul 2005 at 04:31
    One of the scans
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

Lithuania

• Created on 15 Jul 2005 at 08:12
  • Account deleted
    Account deleted

0 messages

Belgium

• Created on 27 Dec 2006 at 13:33

Join the collectors community

Register Login